Dental Checkups and Cleanings Near You
Never underestimate the importance of regular dental cleaning and checkup. After all, dentists recommend coming in every six months for a reason! These sessions are dedicated to eliminating debris that has amalgamated from your teeth. Once your appointment has concluded, you’ll be left with a fresh, bright smile.
At Marigold Dental Centre, we offer dental checkups and cleanings in Pitt Meadows. To learn more, contact us today.
Steps of a Dental Checkup and Cleaning
- Oral evaluation – A dental hygienist typically conducts the appointment, but your dentist will come by frequently to check on you and ensure you’re doing well. Your teeth and gums will be studied, and, depending on whether you’re a new patient or dealing with a certain issue, you may need to have x-rays taken too.
- Scraping off the debris – The hygienist will use a few different tools to remove the debris from your teeth and along your gum line, including a small mirror and scaler, which produces that notorious “scraping” sound.
- Cleaning – A special gritty toothpaste is used to clean your teeth alongside an electric toothbrush. Not only does this help remove any lingering debris, but stains too. At some clinics, you may be able to choose the flavor of the toothpaste. The last part of this step is flossing; if your gums bleed, this can be a sign that you need to do this more frequently. You can rinse your mouth out after.
- Fluoride – Fluoride is an integral part of dental cleanings in Pitt Meadows because they help prevent and fight cavities. The fluoride itself can be a gel, liquid, or varnish. Regardless of which form you are provided, it will remain on your smile for 1 minute before you can rinse your mouth again.
And then you’re done!
Kids, teens, and adults should all come in for professional dental cleanings; this is a simple yet very effective way to prevent more complicated oral health issues from arising and causing damage to your smile and other areas of your body. This is especially relevant regarding infections.
Advantages of Dental Cleanings
- Your smile will glow, which will boost your confidence!
- Freshens up your breath.
- Helps prevent cavities, severe stains, enamel erosion, and tooth loss.
- The appointment takes no more than an hour or so. It’s also painless!
- It’ll help maintain your overall oral hygiene.
Come into Our Local Dental Practice Today
If you’re ready to schedule teeth cleaning near you, we advise you to call our team when you can; we’re here to assist you with all your dental endeavors and help you fall in love with your smile. Our staff can be contacted via phone or email, or feel free to visit our physical location.
We can’t wait to see you soon!